Document ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC 22/WG 23 N0698

Draft Minutes Pre-Meeting 48 Telecon
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22/WG23
6 March 2017


Meeting Location :

Teleconference/Webex


Meeting Times:

6 March 2017

PARTICIPANTS

Stephen Michell (convenor)

Erhard Ploedereder

Clive Pygott

Larry Wagoner

Agenda

1 Opening activities

1.1 Opening Comments

1.2 Introduction of Participants/Roll Call

1.3 Procedures for this Meeting

1.4 Approval of previous Minutes (for face-to-face meetings only)

1.5 Review of actions items and resolutions, Action Item and Decision Logs

1.6 Approval of Agenda [N 0698

Additions to agenda for Meeting 48 (N0697).

1.7 Future Meeting Schedule


2018





Pre-mtg 55

01/11/18



#54

12-14 September 2018

Ottawa Canada


#53

15-16 June 2018

With WG 9 and Ada Europe


Pre-mtg-53

Teleconference



#52

TBD April 2018

Czech Republic


Pre-mtg 52

TBD March 2018


#51

22-23 January 2018

Phoenix, AZ


2017

pre-mtg-51

20/11/17

Teleconference (UTC 2000, 2 hr)


post-mtg-50

16/10/17

Teleconference (UTC 2000, 2 hr)


#50

17-18 August 2017

BSI London (with SC 22 Plenary)


#49

19-20 June 2017

Vienna, Austria with Ada Europe(2 day)


post-mtg-48

15/05/17

Teleconference (UTC 2000, 2 hr)


#48

6-7 April 2017

IBM Markham, Canada (2 day)










2. Liaison Activities (not for discussion at this meeting)

2.1 SC 22

2.2 PL 22 (Open)

2.3 PL22.3/WG5 (Fortran)

2.4 WG4 (COBOL)

2.5 WG9 (Ada)

2.6 PL22.11/WG14 (C)

2.7 PL22.16/WG21 (C++)

2.8 Ecma International, TC49/TG2 (C#)

2.9 Ecma International, TC39 (ECMAScript)

2.10 MISRA (C)

2.11 MISRA (C++)

2.12 SPARK

2.13 SC7/WG19 (UML)

2.14 SC27/WG3, WG4 Security

2.15 Other Liaison Activities or National body reports

3. Document Review

3.1 TR 24772-1 Vulnerabilities, language independent

Document N0696 on Fault Tolerance [REU] was submitted by Erhard Ploedereder following the last Webex. We consider it against the version in N0689, and adopt the proposed changes. Document N0701 reflects the changes.


Document N0689, clause 40 Templates and Generics.

At the present time, clause 40 reflects the view of templates and generics from a perspective similar to Ada. C++ has a different model of generics. This meeting is to discuss the different models of templates and generics, and determine how to update 6.40 to reflect a broader view and to capture what vulnerabilities exist from the C++ model.

Since attendees from a WG 21 background are not familiar with the document, our style of writing and constructing vulnerability descriptions, nor the model presented in clause 6.40, we deferred discussion until the face-to-face meeting 48.


Erhard’s feedback on clause 7.

AI – 48-4 – Steve – reorder 24772-1 to match the order proposed in N0699. This will be reviewed in Toronto in April. This was done following the meeting and the result captured in N0701.

AI – 48-5 – All, consider the proposals in N0699 for merging vulnerabilities and state any disagreements.

3.2 TR 24772-2 Ada language specific part

The Ada Part has been returned to WG 9 to incorporate writeups for the additional sections on OO vulnerabilities.

3.3 TR 24772-3 C language specific part

AI 48-3 – Clive – Work with David to determine what is required to get Part 2 ready for publication. The goal is to have a almost completed draft for meeting 49.

3.4 TR 24772-4 Python language specific part

AI 48-1 - Steve – Update the current Part 4 to reflect the addition of the OO pieces. Use N0503 as a basis for pieces not to be looked at. Add the new sections for OO. Send to Santiago for filling in blank pieces.

3.5 TR 24772-8 Fortran

AI 48-2 - steve – Update the current Part 8 to reflect the addition of the OO pieces. Use N0503 as a basis for pieces not to be looked at. Add the new sections for OO. Send to Dan Nagel for filling in blank pieces.

3.6 TR 24772-9 C++

C++ members attended the WG 21 meeting in Kona, 27 Feb – 3 March. They will report back on discussions with WG 21 leadership and ways that we can create a Part 9 for C++. Deferred until Meeting 48.

3.7 Bibliography for each TR24772 Part

3.8 Dirty Dozen Rules for C, generic, and other languages

4 Strategy (Face to face meetings only)

5 Publicity (Face to face meetings only)

6 Other Business

    1. Timeline for balloting

      Our projects were started by SC 22 in September 2015. This means that we should complete ballot for TR 24772-1, -2, -3, -4 and -8 before September 2018. This means that we should plan to ballot these documents by the spring of 2018. By meeting 49 or 50, all technical material for -1 and -3 should be completed. Part 2 Ada, Part 4 Python and Part 8 Fortran should be frozen for technical changes by fall 2017.

6.2 Review of Assignment of responsibilities


7. Resolutions and Action Items

AI 48-1 - Steve – Update the current Part 4 to reflect the addition of the OO pieces. Use N0503 as a basis for pieces not to be looked at. Add the new sections for OO. Send to Santiago for filling in blank pieces.

AI 48-2 - steve – Update the current Part 8 to reflect the addition of the OO pieces. Use N0503 as a basis for pieces not to be looked at. Add the new sections for OO. Send to Dan Nagel for filling in blank pieces.

AI 48-3 – Clive – Work with David to determine what is required to get Part 2 ready for publication. The goal is to have a almost completed draft for meeting 49.

[CLOSED] AI – 48-4 – Steve – reorder 24772-1 to match the order proposed in N0699. This will be reviewed in Toronto in April. This was done following the meeting and the result captured in N0701.

AI – 48-5 – All, review the changes to TR 24772-1 clause 7 captured in N0701

8. Adjournment